The UCEDD partners with several large organizations serving Oregonians of all ages living with disabilities and their families.
The Oregon Institute on Disability & Development (OIDD) at the Child Development and Rehabilitation Center is one of 67 University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, located in major universities throughout the U.S.We have a more than 40-year history of working to improve quality of life for people with disabilities and their families. We embrace the right of the persons with disabilities to determine the course of their lives and to live as fully integrated, contributing members of their communities.
DISABILITY RIGHTS OREGON (DRO) promotes OPPORTUNITY, ACCESS & CHOICE for individuals with disabilities.
We seek a society in which all people are:
- Safe from abuse, neglect, exploitation, discrimination and isolation
- Treated with respect and dignity Provided age-appropriate services that promote lifelong learning, growth and development
- Free to exercise self-determination in daily routines and major life events
- Fully integrated in their communities, with ample opportunity for leadership and professional development Independent and self-sufficient, with access to quality services and supports
The mission of the Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities is to create change that improves the lives of Oregonians with developmental disabilities.
The Council envisions a state where all people from all the diverse populations of Oregon:
- Are valued equally
- Have the same legal and human rights
- Have self-determination, choice and control over their own lives
- Are included in community life
- Have the supports they need to live healthy, safe and fulfilling lives